Monday, April 30, 2012

Je me'appelle...

After seeing Le Vie en Rose and becoming familiar with this magnificent voice I wish I would've known sooner, here is my tenth!!



Potpourri par Piaf with the Orchestra of Robert Chauvigny

This miraculous Edit Piaf remains, Die merci, as young and vital as ever.  Her vocal dramatic artistry is as fresh as at her first New York appearance in 1947; and perhaps her soul - her depth of interpretation - is grown even greater. (A little intro from the back of the record)

Tracks:
Boulevard Du Crime
Mon Dieu
La Ville Inconnue
Je M'Imagine
La Belle Historie D'Amour
Les Flonsflons Du Bal
T'es L'Homme Qu'il Me Faut
Mon Vieux Lucien
Dans Leur Baiser
Exodus
Marie Trottoir
C'est Peut-Etre Ca

I can't help but on this special day (my Dad's birthday) play Edith Piaf.  When my Dad was sick and bed ridden, I use to play all kinds of music for him and one that he thought was interesting was Edith Piaf.  As he layed in bed and I on the computer surfing the net (or probably doing homework at the time), I played some of her music and even though we both didn't understand what she was singing in French, we both loved the sound of her voice and how each song was so soothing.

I'm not mourning, but I'm happy because I got to share that moment with my Dad.  This album is dedicated to you Poppi.  I love you and miss you more than words can describe.  xoxo

1 comment: