Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yes, those are flowers

This is my eleventh post and I was thinking, how are people really going to know that I'm posting about vinyl records?  I take a picture of every record, yes, but usually from an above angle where you technically cannot see the awesomeness of what is a vinyl record.  Am I robbing the lovely readers of this website by NOT posting the actual vinyl record itself?  We have to think that with my massive amounts of vinyl I've collected (along with Kevin's count) that I would actually deceive the very readers I have with not posting it?  I'm rambling on what I fear that I'm robbing you of.  I'm not sure, but after this one post, I will make sure I actually view the vinyl itself along with the cover art to let you know that I mean business.  VINYL RECORD BUSINESS.  That being said, I might do little dedications with each post.

For this lovely eleventh post, I want to dedicate it to a friend that broke up with me because his ex-girlfriend was a self-centered, paranoid, insecure little girl.  I won't put your name on blast, but Alfredo, I dedicate this entry to you!  I miss you and our friendship.



Beach House - Devotion, Label - Car Park Records
Released in 2008

Tracks
Wedding Bell
You Came To Me
Gila
Turtle Island
Holy Dances
Heart of Chambers
Some Things Last
Astronaut
Darling
Home Again

Now, the reason why I dedicate it to Alfredo is because he turned me on to Beach House.  He's the one that told me to listen to them, so I did, because that's what great friends do.  So when I told Alfredo that I was going to go to an ACL after show and they were opening for Grizzly Bear, he was stoked.  As a nice friend that I am, I even got him a PERSONALIZED autographed CD from the band.  That's how good our friendship was.

But enough about that non-existent friendship, Beach House is one of those bands that you feel like can set a trend.  Quiet, quaint and humble, they are really great musicians. Hailing from Baltimore, they have definitely made a name for themselves.  Listen to this record, put on Gila, lay in bed and just take it in.  They will blow your mind with their different, raw sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment