Friday, May 18, 2012

On the West Coast

Not only does my twenty-eight pick have a lot to do with my vacationing to Seattle, but they are also located on the West coast.

Artist - No Age
Album - Nouns
Released - 2008
Label - Sub Pop
Genre - Noise Pop


Tracks:
Miner
Eraser
Teen Creeps
Things I Did When I Was Dead
Cappo
Keechie
Sleeper Hold
Errand Boy
Here Should Be My Home
Impossible Bouquet
Ripped Knees
Brain Burner

Yet another great record from the Los Angeles based band No Age and let's not forget to mention that this is also another short record, spanning just seconds over thirty minutes.  When you listen to this album, I think it will make you want to mosh to most of the songs, with the short style, guitar bleeding sounds.  This duo, containing only a guitar and drummer (at the time of this record), put on one heck of a live performance, but breaking it down to the earlier stuff, Noun is the band's first LP.

No Age experiments with not only just the drums and guitar, but they also incorporate other experimental sounds that helped influence and display each track with it's own sound.  One of my favorite tracks on this record is Here Should Be My Home and next would be Things I Did When I Was Dead.  I recommend this album, if first listening to No Age to enjoy the way they have developed into the band that they are today.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment