Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To Be Young Again...

I absolutely idolized my eighteenth pick.  As a little girl, still in elementary school, I used to watch MTV (back when MTV actually played MUSIC VIDEOS) and when I would see Tina Turner's videos come on, I would be glued to the television.  I had the hair, not as BIG as hers, and I would try to dance like her.  When I listen to her, I think about the mid 80's.



Artist - Tina Turner
Album - Private Dancer
Released - 1983
Label - Capitol Records


Tracks:
I Might Have Been Queen
What's Love Got To Do With It
Show Some Respect
I Can't Stand The Rain
Better Be Good To Me
Let's Stay Together
1984
Steel Claw
Private Dancer

I loooooove Tina Turner.  Not only is she a talented musician and basically has the best legs in the business, she is a tough woman.  Her success started in the early 70s and after time she married her performance partner, Ike Turner, who was also abusive to her. Tina Turner divorced Ike, but kept the name Tina Turner, which was her stage name.  After the divorce, she made an impact on the world going solo.  Private Dancer is her fifth studio album and one song that stands out is What's Love Got To Do With It.  I feel that every song hits a chord with love and relationships, but it will definitely make you want to dance.  Also, the Al Green cover Let's Stay Together is personalized with Tina's touch.

I just love love love this album.  Brings me back to the 80s with it's 80s sounds.  Tina Turner is definitely a great artist!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment