Monday, May 21, 2012

Let the good times roll

To my thirtieth



Artist(s) - Flip Phillips, Neal Hefti, Chubby Jackson, Shelly Manne, Red Norvo, Bill Harris
Album - Swinging Sounds of the 40's - Out of the Herd
Released - 1965
Label - Emarcy Records
Genre - Swing/Jazz


Tracks:
Side One
The Man I Love
I Got Rhythm
Northwest Passage
Cryin' Sands
Characteristically B.H.
Mean to Me

Side Two
She's Funny That Way
"Sam's" Caravan
Head-Quarters
Everything Happens to Me
I Woke Up Dizzy
The Goof and I

There is nothing that can hide the fact that I've been picking these albums that are over twenty years old, but nothing makes me feel so good and relaxed like Jazz.  I found this album at Wall of Sound in Seattle and I just wish, oh I wished, that I could've listened to it there.  I simply posted it earlier with the intent to write a little bio later because I don't think it would be fair or authentic to just post and write about an album I haven't listened to.  So now that I'm listening to the album, I'm in a somewhat relaxed state.  I think about everything that went on around the time I bought this record and how happy I was and currently am.  I know this might sound silly, but I love to play these records and dance in my room.  Sometimes holding my dogs as I sway back and forth, other times dancing alone and they just stare.  I absolutely love instrumental music and I am a big fan of different instruments coming together to make a soft, subtle yet vibrant record.  You will enjoy this with a good glass of wine, a nice meal or even a handsome person to take you by the hand and stand you up from your chair and dance.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment