Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wow How Now Wow How Now Brown Cow

I can't believe I'm on my fortieth record already.  This is pretty intense, yet I'm excited that I've stayed committed to listening to my vinyl and posting them, though I feel that sometimes my writing is a little repetitive. Anyway...

For the mini milestone, my fortieth pick:

Artist - A Tribe Called Quest
Album - The Low End Theory
Released - 1991
Label - Jive/RCA Records
Genre - Hip-Hop

Tracks:
Side A
Excursions
Buggin' Out
Rap Promoter
Butter
Side B
Verses From The Abstract
Show Business
Vibes and Stuff
Side C
The Infamous Date Rape
Check The Rhime
Everything is Fair
Side D
Jazz (We've Got)
Skypager
What?
Scenario

I almost don't know where to start with this record because I think it is the ultimate hip-hop record, PERIOD.  This is one of my top 10 albums EVER, so you know that's saying a lot for me.  But to backtrack on my day, I worked until 9:45 p.m. (yes, that's a little over a 12 hour workday, but it's okay, I like using my OT as comp time) so this post is a little on the late side.  When I realized earlier during the day that this was going to be my fortieth post/album, I wanted to make it a good one.  I am somewhat in love with A Tribe Called Quest, since I was a kid.  I mean this album did come out in 1991, when I was 11 years old.  For some reason, I become a fan girl when I see anything A Tribe Called Quest.  I just think they are such a phenomenal group, so why not share the love I have for them with you!

This is A Tribe Called Quest's second album and it is a combination between hip-hop and jazz, which is labeled the jazz-rap movement.  Something about this trio of greatness that bring the beats with the rhyme to make it so sensational. The rapping of Q-Tip and Phife Dawg is the smoothest on each song as come in and out of each song.  Scenario and Check The Rhime are the most popular songs on this record, but The Infamous Date Rape would have to be my favorite.  Another must buy, must have in my book.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment