Wednesday, May 23, 2012

No Thinking, Just Doing

Today was one of those days.  I don't know where to even start!!  I got home, found out I received my Aesop Rock ticket for August 11th (ahhh, so far) and I needed something to lift my mood.  To you, my thirty-third pick, for you are a great band


Artist - Bass Drum of Death
Album - GB City
Released - 2011
Label - Fat Possum Records
Genre - Garage Rock, Noise


Tracks:
Side One
Nerve Jamming
GB City
Get Found
Velvet Itch
High School Roaches
Side Two
Spare Room
Young Pros
Heart Attack Kid
Leaves
I Could Never Be Your Man
Religious Girls

I just listened to this album for the first time in a long time and I forgot how good it was.  I saw Bass Drum of Death during SXSW 2012 and they can really put on a show.  After giving it another listen, I knew why I decided to buy this album.  Nerve Jamming is a great way to start this record and their sound is pretty raw, literally.  Since when I think of this band and think of garage rock, noise, it has a raw edge sound to it.  That being said, their sound is pretty raw.

Just a side note, the vinyl itself is pretty awesome.  I really do love the fact that certain vinyl records come in certain colors.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment