Sunday, May 13, 2012

Untold Stories

Number twenty-three is a fairly recent discovery, seeing as they formed in 2007 and I just started listening to them since 2009 (upon the recommendation of a friend).


Artist - Girls
Album - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
Released - 2011
Label - True Panther Sounds
Genre - Indie Rock


Tracks
Honey Bunny
Alex
Die
Saying I Love You
My Ma
Vomit
Just A Song
Magic
Forgiveness
Love Like A River
Jamie Marie

With such unusual song titles, this album would have to be one of the tops of 2011.  I had the pleasure of seeing them at Fun Fun Fun Fest in November 2011 and they were great.  The had a trio of soulful ladies singing in the background and the stage was decorated with sunflowers.  I was very happy I got to see them perform live, since discovering them in 2009.  Father, Son and Holy Ghost is Girls' second album and to be quite honest, it's very unique sounding.  For instance, Honey Bunny My Ma and Love Like a River have an old school sound, as if is were a product of the 60's/70's whereas Die sounds like late 80's rock-n-roll.  Vomit is my favorite song on this record with Die definitely being my second.  This is just one of those records that you feel has a few different genres mixed in one.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment