Friday, May 25, 2012

One Way or Another

In all things magnificent and good, a woman with such power has topped the list of greatness.  My thirty-fifth pick is one that has, in no time, became an icon in the music scene.

Artist - Blondie
Album - Parallel
Released - 1978
Label - Chrysallis
Genre - New Wave, Post Punk


Tracks:
Side One
Hanging On The Telephone
One Way Or Another
Picture This
Fade Away And Radiate
I Know But I Don't Know
Side Two
11:59
Will Anything Happen?
Sunday Girl
Heart of Glass
I'm Gonna Love You Too
Just Go Away

By some horrible way, my record is warped (booooo), but luckily I am playing it on my iTunes as I write this review.  I need to make a note to get another copy of Parallel Lines by Blondie the next time I go out and get some records.  This is definitely a MUST HAVE in your collection.  As the album is playing, it just reminds me how many hits are on this record. One Way Or Another and Heart of Glass have to be the main ones, but all in all, my favorite is 11:59.  You can definitely hear the New Wave, which I think is great because it could also be a record to dance to, if you want to dance like they did in the late 70's, early 80's.  I have to admit, I am one that dances no matter what and if I feel like a song make me want to move, then I will move, no matter how horrible I look.  I think I just stopped caring about what others thought of me and started living life for me.  Oops, I'm rambling.  Okay, back on the record, this album is by far one of the best albums by a female fronted band.  This is the third album by Blondie.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment