Sunday, May 27, 2012

Old Soul

I'm pretty set on thinking that I have an old soul when it comes to music.  Either that or I am just loving all music from the 60s and 70s.  I remember when I was younger, my Dad used to put on classical music for me every time I went to bed and then we would listen to a mix of everything else.  I miss him dearly!  For my thirty-seventh pick:

Artist - Magic Sam
Album - Black Magic
Released - 1968
Label - Delmark Records
Genre - Blues


Tracks:
Side A
I Just Want A Little Bit
What Have I Done Wrong
Easy, Baby
You Belong To Me
It's All Your Fault
Side B
I Have The Same Old Blues
You Don't Love Me, Baby
San Jose
Stop! You're Hurting Me
Keep Loving Me

Not only are the instrumental parts on this record phenomenal, but the songs are just as good.  I get the way the vibe of this record is flowing with it's lyrics.  It's a love me, hate me, need me, want me rollercoaster of emotions, but in further respect, this is a really good record.  This was in Kevin's collection and I just wanted to have a little something different and upbeat.  I do have to agree that I like playing this type of music while I'm cooking because it puts me in a good mood.  Definitely the blues of the late 60's that you would love.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment