Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To dance or not to dance? That is the question

Under careful observation, as I looked over Kevin's shoulder to see what he was going to pick out for me to be my twelfth entry, he handed me this record. VINYL RECORD for those of you who want me to be politically correct. ::cough cough::  



Artist - Taj Mahal
Album - Mo' Roots
Released - 1974
Label - Columbia

Tracks
Johnny Too Bad
Blackjack Davey
Big Mama
Cajun Waltz
Slave Driver
Why Did You Have To Desert Me?
Desperate Lover
Clara (St. Kitts Woman)

Just a little insert on the jacket of the vinyl:

If you're looking for that tune or tunes that'll get you off, you know, make you feel good, make you dance and sing, put some peace into your life, give your spirit some happy direction...Well, that's what this album is all about, for me, anyways, it's been long overdue!  Hail to all Rastafari throughout the whole universe. Luv, Sweetpapa Too Bad, Taj


Mr. Henry Saint Claire Fredericks is his name and making this eccentric, exotic album was his game.  I would have to say this is a first for me and it makes me want to move, feel good -- pretty much all of the information I wrote above.  Not only is there a reggae beat to it, he speaks in spanish.  SPANISH!!  With the sound of horns, woodwind instruments and percussion, these tracks will more than likely make you nod to the beat.

I looked up Taj Majal on Wiki and since 1968,studio albums have been released, right up to about 2008 and also featured on Compilations in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment