Monday, May 14, 2012

Friendships are Beneficial

As the days go by, so do my picks.  With this selection, number twenty-four definitely has the kinds of friends I want.


Artist - Joe Cocker
Album - With A Little Help From My Friends
Released - 1969
Label - A&M Records
Genre - Rock, Blues


Tracks
Side One
Feeling Alright
Bye Bye Blackbird
Change In Louise
Marjorine
Just Like A Woman
Side Two
Do I Still Figure In Your Life?
Sandpaper Cadillac
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
With A Little Help From My Friends
I Shall Be Released

What do you call an album that has  musical greats such as Jimmy Page, Carol Kaye, Tony Visconti, Matthew Fisher, Henry McCullough and BJ Wilson?  You call it SUPERB!!  This is singer Joe Cocker's first album and with the musical greats mentioned above that contributed to these tracks definitely makes for one hell of a record.  When I hear Joe Cocker sing, I immediately think of The Wonder Years, since the track With A Little Help From My Friends (which is originally performed by The Beatles) was the theme song.  Oh how time flies between then and now.  Surprisingly, this record is has Blues written all over it, with a dash of rock.  Each song has a soulful sound as Joe Cocker sings with his very different sounding voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment