Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just a little inspired here!!

Another good day, but I felt a little on the lonely side, which doesn't happen often for me.  I think it was because I slept late, slept through my alarms (yes, I have four alarms) and woke up on my own at 6:45 a.m. to sunlight which freaked me out.  Throughout the day, I mentally prepped myself for my after work run/jog and I got a little too excited because of the app I downloaded onto my phone to track my progress.  I am definitely inspired here by a certain someone and it lightened my mood and made me happy.  To you, my friend, I dedicate this album to you for the simple fact that jazz is my favorite and so are you:

Artist/Album - Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane
Released - 1961
Label - Jazzland
Genre - Jazz


Tracks:
Side 1
Ruby, My Dear
Trinkle, Tinkle
Off Minor
Side 2
Nutty
Epistrophy
Functional

Nothing is more relaxing than listening to jazz with a nice glass of wine.  When I cook or do anything that requires a certain skill, I love to listen to jazz.  As I was searching for today's pick, I came across this fantastic record that displays the sweet sounds of the saxophone, bass and piano.  Thelonious Monk was a brief obsession of mine as of late and seeing this record brought back the memories of why I love him so much.  But not only do you have the wonderful and illustrious Thelonious Monk, but he's also joined by another favorite of mine John Coltrane.  This dynamic duo teamed up for only half a year at New York's Five Spot Cafe in the beginning in the summer of 1957.  It was said that Monk and Coltrane complimented each other perfectly which resulted in the successful musical alliance.  This album is simply relaxing and it will put you in an optimistic mood.

Enjoy!

1 comment: