Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Common Cure

In my not so healthy state, I was trying HARD to think about what I can post for my sixteenth record.  What would make a hangover go away? What would be the common cure?

And it hit me...



NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE, of course!!

Artist - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Album - Rust Never Sleeps
Released - 1979
Label - Reprise


Tracks:
Side One
1. My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)
2. Thrasher
3. Ride My Llama
4. Pocahontas
5. Sail Away
Side Two
1. Powderfinger
2. Welfare Mothers
3. Sedan Delivery
4. Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)

I don't know what it is about Neil Young.  I DON'T KNOW!!  But what I know is that he always makes me happy.  Every time I'm in a mood or I just feel like crap, I can always count on Neil.  His music just soothes me.

I've never had a chance to see him live, but I have listened to some of his live records and I know that I would very much enjoy seeing him in the flesh.  Music is always good when you listen to it over the radio, from your computer or out of speakers connected to your receiver, but seeing a live performance with the raw sound and the stage presence of an artist just makes the experience that much more intense.  All the feelings of excitement and anticipation and preparation can almost be unbearable (in a not so unbearable sense, if that makes sense).

Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) is so great!!! ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment