Thursday, May 24, 2012

Back to Basics

This record is one that you have to know or if you don't, get to know it quickly.  To my thirty-fourth pick:



Artist - Ohio Players
Album - Honey
Released - 1975
Label - Mercury
Genre - Soul/Funk


Tracks:
Side A
Honey
Fopp
Let's Love
Ain't Givin' Up No Ground
Side B
Sweet Sticky Thing
Love Rollercoaster
Alone

Okay, this is yet another awesome record (because I only play awesome records) that I decided to display today.  This is takin' it back to back in the day when soul was soul and funk was just plain funk.  One of the best things about this record, other than the fact that every song is awesome, is one of my favorites, Love Rollercoaster.  Which is the ORIGINAL, not the Red Hot Chili Peppers cover.  This is the SEVENTH album by Ohio Players and I capitalize seventh for a reason.  My reason is that because this album cover is so seductive and it's a good thirty one minutes of soul.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment