Monday, May 28, 2012

After-Glow

So many choices, but I picked this.  This album sums up the last few months of my life and when I listen to it, I just feel happy.  For my thirty-eighth pick:

Artist - M83
Album - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
Released - 2011
Label - Naive
Genre - Electronic, dream pop


Tracks:
Side A
Into
Midnight City
Reunion
Where The Boats Go
Wait
Side B
Raconte-Moi Une Historie
Train To Pluton
Claudia Lewis
This Bright Flash
When Will You Come Home?
Soon, My Friend
Mirror
Side C
My Tears Are Becoming A Sea
New Map
OK Pal
Another Wave From You
Splendor
Side D
Year One, One UFO
Fountains
Steve McQueen
Echoes Of Mine
Klaus I Love You
Outro

Such an extensive album for such a great band.  M83 was introduced to me when my friend Bryan went to Europe and burned me all their records and sent it with a note.  I still have the note, which was very inspiring to me and when I put the CD in my computer, I fell in love.  I know music, but most of the time I don't know artists or songs, so I have a wide range and when I heard M83, I was happy.

This is M83's sixth studio album and it's not bad for a French band that illustrates new wave, electronic sounds.  The intro alone should get your attention which rolls into Midnight City, which to me is the ultimate sax song.  The saxophone bit at the end is a surprise, but it flows into the song so well.  Every single part of this album is unique and very interesting to say the least.  Definitely worth a good listen to enjoy every single sound!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment