Friday, May 11, 2012

When I was TWENTY-ONE

Twenty-one is definitely done with this pick.  For you Katie, a friend I knew since 6th (maybe 5th) grade.  If it weren't for Facebook, we wouldn't have reconnected.  Love you girl!!


Artist - The Who
Album - Who's Next
Released - 1971
Label - MCA Records
Genre - Rock


Tracks
Side One
Baba O'Riley
Bargain
Love Ain't For Keeping
My Wife
Song is Over
Side Two
Getting In Tune
Going Mobile
Behind Blue Eyes
Won't Get Fooled Again

WOW, I just had a recent brush with dejavu (sorry I'm not properly accent educated on my short cuts to spell it properly).  I was sitting here, with my mobile in front of me, playing this record and thinking.  How interesting the mind works.  Anyway, a friend of mine, who really loves The Who (Katie) wanted me to Instagram this record, so I decided to just make it my twenty-first pick.  Maybe I messed up the numbering system I had going by putting twenty-one instead of twenty-first.

Such a classic record, with such great songs.  The Who formed in 1964 from the UK and this is their fifth studio album.  I know I sound pretty repetitive about this, but my favorite song on this record is Baba O'Riley.  I think it is one of my top 10 songs of my life existence because it's about teenage wasteland.  For some reason, I think about my youth and just the vibe of the song makes you want to sing along and sing out LOUD!  Another great song, other than the obvious Won't Get Fooled Again is Behind Blue Eyes, though I hate the Limp Bizkit version.  Ugh, what a horrible, HORRIBLE version.

So much can be said about The Who and this album, but I will leave it to you to listen and give me your own thoughts.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment