Saturday, May 12, 2012

This is not a following

My twenty-second pick is a recommendation from Kevin.



Artist - The Cult
Album - Love
Released - 1985
Label - Beggars Banquet/Sire Records
Genre - Post-Punk, Goth Rock


Tracks
Nirvana
Big Neon
Glitter
Love
Bother Wolf, Sister Moon
Rain
Phoenix
Hollow Man
Revolution
She Sells Sanctuary
Black Angel

The fact that the first song is titled Nirvana makes me happy (yes, I'm a huge Nirvana fan). The Cult is a British rock band that formed in 1983 from the UK.  Love is their fourth album and basically launched them into mainstream success.  I know a lot of people hate the fact that artists go mainstream, but what can you honestly do.  Just enjoy the memories you have when they were not so mainstream.  Anyway, listening to this record reminds me a lot of Donnie Darko and I honestly don't know why.  So weird, but I also think they sound a lot like The Smiths.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment