Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Rock Gods Summon Me

Yes, yes yes and more of the word YES!!  Heavy hitting, hard sounding and guitarist extraordinaire.  For my thirty-sixth pick, I bow down at your merciless skills of the AXE!

Artist - Van Halen
Album - Van Halen
Released - 1978
Label - Warner Bros.
Genre - Hard Rock, Heavy Metal


Tracks:
Side One
Runnin' With The Devil
Eruption
You Really Got Me
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
I'm The One
Side Two
Jamie's Cryin'
Atomic Punk
Feel Your Love Tonight
Little Dreamer
Ice Cream Man
On Fire

The rock gods are summoning me to make sure this gets on the list.  I mean I have a whole 329 more picks to go, I'm sure I was bound to play some Van Halen.  Man, this record takes me back to when I was a kid watching MTV and I would think to myself, "Who is this guy wearing spandex jumping around on tables?"  Well, it was David Lee-Roth and I was watching the Hot For Teacher video.  How times have changed!!

Van Halen is Van Halen's debut album.  The guitar on this album is no doubt the most insane guitar playing I've heard.  I think their intention was to make sure that each song had the baddest and most difficult guitar riffs for it's time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment