Tuesday, June 12, 2012

All Things Come to an End

Indeed the truth is to be told.  All things come to an end, either good or bad, but eventually nothing lasts forever.  Here's to great music and my fifty-third pick:

Artist - My Bloody Valentine
Album - Loveless
Released - 1991
Label - Creation
Genre - Alternative Rock, Shoegazing, Noise Pop, Dream Pop, Indie Pop


Tracks:
a Side
only shallow
loomer
touched
to here knows when
when you sleep
i only said
b side
come in alone
sometimes
blown a wish
what you want
soon

Loveless is My Bloody Valentine's second album and by the looks of it, Kevin Shields wrote and co-produced this record.  For those of you who do not know Kevin Shields, I suggest you become familiar with him because he is magnificent and therefore this record deserves that much more credit.  Come in Alone is such an epic song, the vocals, the guitar, the sound is just amazing.  It almost puts you in a trance.  Also, another great song is Sometimes, which happens to be on the soundtrack of one of my favorite movies Lost in Translation.  To be quite honest, I think Kevin Shields had a part in the music for the soundtrack.  Just amazing, simply amazing is how I sum up this album.  Such a great band that I never had the pleasure of seeing live but I heard their live sound is quite piercing.  So piercing that a lot of people wear earplugs.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment