Friday, June 29, 2012

Back to Back, Part I

What a hot day!!  Well I guess I can't complain because it was in the high 90's instead of the low 100's, so I'll take that over 109 ANY DAY!  So for my sixty-first pick, I picked a man who will grace us with his presence in October for Austin City Limits Music Festival.

Artist - Neil Young
Album - Comes A Time
Released - 1978
Label - Reprise
Genre - Country Rock, Rock, Folk Rock

Tracks:
Side One
Goin' Back
Comes A Time
Look Out For My Love
Lotta Love
Peace of Mind
Side Two
Human Highway
Already One
Field of Opportunity
Motorcycle Mama
Four Strong Words

Neil Young's ninth album, Comes A Time is a soft and subtle record with stripped down songs.  Just him and his acoustic guitar and his voice.  I'd like to think that Neil Young speaks to me in his songs, since I feel I am a hopeless romantic in a sense, but to be honest, I just love the sound of his voice.  Him as a person is another story, but his music makes me feel good.  Comes A Time and Look Out For My Love are two of my favorites on this album along with the other remaining songs.  No matter how I see him, I know I can just close my eyes, relax my mind and listen to him sing, it puts me in a trance.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment